Terms of Service
As a nonprofit choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner, the Avenues for Hope Housing Challenge requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by the Home Partnership Foundation and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my organization is a nonprofit eligible to receive tax-deductible gifts and will provide our EIN number for verification.
- I understand that my organization cannot offer anything of monetary value in exchange for charitable gifts.
- I understand that an eligible or unique gift is defined as one gift of $25 or more to one organization from one donor. Multiple gifts made by the same donor to the same organization will not be counted towards prizes.
- I understand that unique donations are qualified solely by the donor’s email address.
- I understand that the Avenues for Hope is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that Avenues for Hope has no control of this process.
- I confirm that my organization has a website and/or Facebook page and that we will add the Avenues for Hope Housing Challenge link to one or both.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus its marketing efforts during the Avenues for Hope to create a sense of excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, TV or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in the Avenues for Hope Housing Challenge along with sharing specific information about my organization.
- I understand that the Home Partnership Foundation reserves the right to use its discretion allocating funds from the prizes in the event of a tie or other circumstances.
- I understand that the Home Partnership Foundation reserves the right to withhold a prize funds if an organization has made any misrepresentations including but not limited to falsifying donor email addresses.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process and disburse donations made during the event.
- I understand that all donations will be disbursed within 3 business days via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees.
- I understand that prize money is distributed separately from the funds raised online. Nonprofits will receive one payment from the Home Partnership Foundation for all prize money earned no later than January 31, 2019.